- 1 refrigerated pie crust (thawed, package usually contains two, save other for use later)
- 10 ounces gorgonzola (Center Cut from Simply Artisan Reserve)
- 1 cup dried fruits (apricots, etc. to taste, coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup honey (divided)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F degrees.
- Gently unroll thawed pie crust and press down into the pan, with dough overhanging the rim. Use the knife to trim dough around edges and use this excess to create decorative shapes for the crust edge. With the tines of a fork, lightly pierce the bottom of pie crust to keep it from puffing up while baking.
- Place crust in oven and par-bake for 8 minutes or until just starting to turn very lightly golden. Remove from oven, but leave the heat on.
- Add one piece of center cut Gorgonzola in middle of pie crust, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the honey. Top with remaining piece of Gorgonzola.
- Pack the gap surrounding pie edge and cheese with chopped dried fruit. Return to oven to bake for 5 more minutes, or until crust golden brown and cheese softening.
- Remove from oven, drizzle fruit area and top of cheese with remaining honey. Top with thyme, if desired.
- Serve with crackers, bread or apple slices.